- Servings : 12
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cook time : 1 hour 10 minutes
- Calories : 250 cal
- Carbohydrate : 26 g
- Lipid : 15 g
- Fiber : 2 g
- Protein : 4 g
- 1 large sweet potato cut in half
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) chopped pecans
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) cold butter
- 30 ml ( 2 tbsp) brown sugar
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 500 ml (2 cups) unbleached white flour
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking powder
- 5 ml (1 tsp) baking soda
- 5 ml (1 tsp) ground cinnamon
- 5 ml (1 tsp) salt
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) soft butter
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) applesauce
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
- 5 ml (1 tsp) vanilla essence
- 30-60 ml (2 to 4 tbsp) of milk
1 - Preheat the oven to 190°C (375°F).
2 - Place the sweet potato pieces on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 45-60 minutes (or until until the pieces are cooked). Remove from the oven. Leave to cool. Mash into a puree. Set aside.
3 - Increase the oven temperature to 200°C (400°F).
4 - In a bowl, mix all the crumble ingredients until you obtain a sandy texture and the cold butter is the size of a chickpea. Reserve in the cold.
5 - In another bowl, mix all dry ingredients. Set aside.
6 - In another bowl, place 375 ml (1 ½ cups) of the reserved sweet potato puree. Add the softened butter, applesauce, maple syrup and vanilla essence. Mix until you obtain a smooth texture.
7 - Add all the wet ingredients and half the milk to the sweet potato mixture. Mix until everything is combined but nothing more ( add the rest of the milk if necessary).
8 - Line 12 muffin molds with paper or silicone liners.
9 - Using an ice cream scoop, fill the muffin molds with muffins. Add the crumble to the top of each muffin. Mash lightly.
10 - Bake for 20-25 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean).
11 - Remove from oven. Let cool before unmolding. Enjoy! ot