VEGAN SANDWICH BREAD
- Servings : 12
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Calories : 400 cal
- Carbohydrate : 34 g
- Lipid : 27 g
- Fiber : 7 g
- Protein : 9 g
- 2 avocados, mashed
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) frozen green peas, thawed and mashed
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) vegan mayonnaise
- Lemon juice, to taste
- Commercial beetroot hummus
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) red cabbage, finely shredded
- 500 ml (2 cups) store-bought tofu spread
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) walnuts, chopped
- 227 g (1 package) vegan cream cheese
- 180 ml (3 /4 cup) vegan sour cream
- 12 slices of multi-grain or pumpernickel bread
- Slivered almonds, toasted
- Fresh herbs
1 - In a bowl, combine the mashed avocados, mashed green peas, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
2 - In another bowl, combine the hummus and red cabbage. Set aside.
3 - In another bowl, combine the tofu spread and walnuts. Set aside.
4 - In another bowl, combine all the ingredients for the cheese spread.
5 - Remove the crust from the bread slices.
6 - Place 3 on a serving board and stick them together.
7 - Brush them with the tofu mixture.
8 - Place 3 more slices of bread on these.
9 - Brush with hummus spread.
10 - Place 3 more slices on them.
11 - Brush with the avocado spread.
12 - Place the last 3 slices of bread on top.
13 - Brush the sandwich bread with the cheese spread.
14 - Add the decorations nicely all over the bread.
15 - Serve and slice.
See all my products
Leave a comment