HEALTHY HOLIDAYS: MISSION POSSIBLE?
Collaboration with St-Méthode Bakery
The holidays will finally be more unifying this year with the holding of face-to-face events. A great time to get together around well-stocked tables. If no restrictions are desirable, you can still make winning choices, to be in top shape to take advantage of this beautiful time of year.
My advice :
- On reception days, avoid depriving yourself during the day, which could only cause food overflows in the evening. Eat light but enough. For example, you can have lunch with a slice of Les Grains St-Méthode quinoa bread spread with guacamole and garnished with a poached egg accompanied by raw vegetables and have a snack made up of raw vegetables and light cheese in the afternoon before going to the reception.
- From the aperitif, alternate your alcoholic consumption with a glass of water, to stay well hydrated and to moderate your alcohol consumption.
- Give preference to bites containing protein (shrimp, scallops, cheese) over puff pastry. You can also make crostini with Les Grains St-Méthode 100% whole grain sprouted wheat bread spread with ricotta, cucumber strips and cold-water shrimp.
- At meals, take only one plate and be sure to leave room for vegetables. Extra-fine green beans with grilled almonds, braised endives, honey carrots, so many festive ideas based on vegetables that will delight the whole table.
- If it's a buffet, go around the buffet before serving yourself. You will always have options that you will appreciate towards the end of the buffet and if your plate is already full you will not be able to prevent it from overflowing. Opt for your favorite dishes instead, you will always have the opportunity to refill if the hunger is still present.
- Offer your help to serve, to do the dishes, nothing better than to move a little to digest.
- Take a mineral water rich in bicarbonates after the meal to help you with digestion.
- The days without reception, take the opportunity to abstain from alcohol, eat fish and beautiful soup meals, to rest your liver and go to bed early to recover hours of sleep.
- Take advantage of the holidays to move outside, going out will do you the greatest good.
- Enjoy the beautiful moments in full consciousness, the holidays are also to rest and take time with the people you love while savoring every moment.
- Adopting winning strategies during the holidays allows you to take full advantage of them while being at the top of your form
- Eating light on reception days, but enough so as not to arrive hungry, is recommended.
- Take advantage of holiday meals to eat mindfully and slow down
- Take protein appetizers
- Use only one plate and respect its signals of satiety
- Alternate glass of water and alcoholic drinks
Happy holidays to everyone !
You want to know more about the range of products at Boulangerie St-Méthode?CLICK HERE