- Servings : 4
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cook time : 5 minutes
- Calories : 450 cal
- Carbohydrate : 50 g
- Lipid : 15 g
- Fiber : 16 g
- Protein : 19 g
- 250 ml (1 cup) breadcrumbs
- 45 ml (3 tbsp) sesame seeds
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) Isabelle's exquisite meat seasoning Huot Doctor of Nutrition
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) whole wheat flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 4 slices (200 g) extra-firm tofu
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) vegetable oil
- 500 ml (2 cups) cooked short grain rice
- 4 sheets of seaweed
- 45 ml (3 tbsp.) spicy mayonnaise
- 250 ml (1 cup) carrot, julienned
- 250 ml (1 cup) raw beetroot, julienned
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, thinly sliced
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) pickled ginger
- 250 ml (1 cup) red cabbage, finely chopped
1 - In a deep plate, mix the breadcrumbs, sesame seeds and meat seasonings.
2 - Place the flour and the beaten egg in 2 other separate plates.
3 - Dip the slices of tofu in the flour, in the beaten egg and then in the breadcrumb mixture (English breadcrumbs).
4 - In a non-stick pan, heat the oil.
5 - Cook the tofu pieces for a few minutes on each side or until nicely browned. Set aside.
6 - On a work surface, place a piece of parchment paper. Place ¼ cup of rice in the center. Mash and form a square (about 3x3). Set aside.
7 - On a work surface, place a sheet of seaweed. Add ¼ cup of rice in the center. Mash and form a square (about 3x3).
8 - Add shredded carrots, a piece of crispy tofu, beets, cucumber slices, pickled ginger and red cabbage.
9 - Place the reserved rice square on top of the filling.
10 - Close the tips of the seaweed sheet towards the center to close the Onigirazu.
11 - Wrap in plastic wrap.
12 - Cut in half and serve!