- Preparation : 10 minutes
- Cook time : 5 minutes
- 500 ml (2 cups) asparagus, trimmed and cut into sections
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- 250 ml (1 cup) fresh basil
- 180 ml (3/4 cup) shelled pistachios
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) grated parmesan cheese
- ½ lemon in juice and zest
1 - Preheat the oven to broil.
2 - In a bowl, combine the asparagus and 1 tbsp olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3 - Place on a baking sheet and cook in the oven (550°F) 4 to 5 minutes. Remove from the oven. Allow to cool.
4 - Place the tempered asparagus in the bowl of the food processor and add the rest of the pesto ingredients.
5 - Season with salt and pepper to taste. Mix until fine.
6 - Serve with pasta, on a piece of fish, in a vinaigrette, mix with mayonnaise and add in a sandwich…
7 *This keeps 5 to 7 days in the refrigerator. The nutritional values vary greatly depending on the quantity used in your recipes.