- Servings : 6
- Preparation : 10 minutes
- Cook time : 4 hours
- Calories : 230 cal
- Carbohydrate : 4 g
- Lipid : 7 g
- Fiber : 1 g
- 4 chicken breasts, boned
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of olive oil
- 30 ml (2 tbsp) of Shawarma spices (see recipe below)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño pepper, finely sliced
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) of chicken broth without salt
- Salt and pepper at Taste
- 1 lime in juice
- whole wheat pita bread
- fresh coriander, to taste
Épices Shawarma maison
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of turmeric
- 3 ml (½ tsp) of ground cumin
- 3 ml (½ tsp) of ground coriander
- 3 ml (½ tsp) of ground cinnamon
- 3 ml (½ tsp) of salt
- 3 ml (½ tsp) of ground pepper
- a pinch of cayenne pepper
1 - Brush the chicken breasts of olive oil and season with Shawarma spices. Add salt and pepper to taste.
2 - In a non-stick pan, grab the chicken breasts on both sides. Add the onions And the garlic and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
3 Place the jalapeño chili pepper in the container.
4 Add the chicken broth and cover about 4 hours at low temperature.
5 - Add the lime juice and mix gently.
6 - serve sandwich, salad or dish, accompanied by whole pita bread and fresh coriander to taste.