CHOCOLATE PIE WITH GINGERBREAD CRUST
- Servings : 8
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cook time : 30 minutes
- Calories : 410 cal
- Carbohydrate : 50 g
- Lipid : 21 g
- Fiber : 4 g
- Protein : 6 g
- 750 ml (3 cups) unbleached white flour
- 7 ml (1 ½ tsp) baking powder
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground cinnamon n
- 10 ml (2 tsp) ground ginger
- 3 ml (1/2 tsp) ground nutmeg
- 1 ml (1/4 tsp) ground cloves
- 225 g (1/2 L) cold butter
- 1 egg
- 80 ml (1/3 cup) ice water
- 15 ml (1 tbsp.) white vinegar
- 500 ml (2 cups) dark chocolate chips
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) coconut milk (fat on top )
- 125 ml (1/2 cup) almond milk
- 60 ml (1/4 cup) maple syrup
For the dough :
1 - In the bowl of the food processor, put the flour, baking powder and spices. Mix a few times to mix.
2 - Add the cold butter. Mix to sand (the butter should be the size of a large pea).
3 - In a bowl, combine the egg, water and vinegar. Set aside.
4 - Add all at once to the flour mixture and blend until smooth. obtaining a ball. Remove from the food processor.
5 - Wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Divide into 4 (wrap and freeze the other 3 pieces).
6 - Preheat the oven to 180C (350F) .
7 - Roll out 1 piece of dough and line an 8-inch springform pan.
8 - Prick the bottom of the pie with a fork. Add parchment paper on top. prevent the dough from rising during baking.
9 - Bake for 15 minutes. Remove from the oven. Remove the paper and the dots.
10 - Return to the oven and bake for another 15 minutes (until beautiful colouring).
11 - Remove from oven. Allow to cool completely before using.
For the ganache
12 - Put the chocolate pellets in a mixing bowl. Gently melt in a bain-marie.
13 - When the chocolate is half melted, add the rest of the ganache ingredients.
14 - When everything is melted, remove the bowl from the bain-marie. Let cool.
15 - Pour over the crust.
16 - Refrigerate overnight.
17 - Remove from refrigerator. Decorate your way.
18 - Cut a piece. To serve. ot
See all my products
Leave a comment