- Servings : 1
- Preparation : 15 minutes
- Cook time : 30 minutes
- Calories : 500 cal
- Carbohydrate : 57 g
- Lipid : 21 g
- Protein : 32 g
- 60 ml (¼ cup) of pearl barley
- 180 ml (¾ cup) of chicken broth without salt added
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of fresh thyme
- 1 French shallot, chopped
- 75 g of cooked chicken, cut into cubes
- 125 ml (½ cup) of fresh blueberries
- 15 ml (1 tsp) D 'Almonds, chopped
- 15 ml (1 tbsp) of fresh basil, chopped
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 10 ml (2 tbsp) of white vinegar Balsamic
- 15 ml (1 tsp) of canola oil
- 5 ml (1 tsp) of maple or honey syrup
1 - In a saucepan, carry barley, broth, thyme and shallot to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 30 minutes over low heat or until the barley grains are cooked and absorbed all the broth.
2 - pour into a bowl and let cool.
3 - add the chicken, blueberries, almonds and barley basil. Salt and pepper and pepper .
4 - in a small bowl, prepare the Dressing by mixing the vinegar, canola oil and maple syrup.
5 - water the Dressing salad and mix well .